These days even non-golfers get excited by the prospect of having a home in a golf resort somewhere sunny, thanks to the facilities and lifestyle on offer, not to mention the quality of the properties. Whether or not you enjoy a round or two, here are some key reasons to consider investing in a Spanish golf home in 2020.
– Stylish property. Many of the newer developments in Spain are located within golf resorts and as such are built with the most up-to-date materials and with modern styling. This helps them to retain their value. Premium resorts will have pristine communal areas and gardens, which help to maintain the desirability of the homes there.
– Facilities. Typical golf resorts offer far more in terms of leisure activities and entertainment than 18 holes and other golf-related facilities. At the very least, expect a golf clubhouse and bar, a communal pool or two, a play area for children and a gym. Larger, more upmarket resorts might also have tennis courts, a sports pitch, health and beauty spa, a concierge service, kids clubs, small shops and, depending on the area, horse-riding and nature trails. Many have on-site hotels, with extra facilities.
– Club Membership. In many golf communities, buying a new property will come with an entitlement to join the golf club or some free rounds of golf. You’ll also have easy access to the club’s pro and organising a lesson or two should be simple.
– Easy Rental. Properties in a quality golf resort, in particular, those ones that are close to other popular courses, should let easily – most golfing parties like to play a selection of courses during their trip. And because golfers prefer to play when it’s not too hot, your rental season includes the winter, spring and autumn months, giving you high occupancy levels.
– Lively Social Scene. Golf resorts have a natural social hub; the clubhouse, with its bar and restaurant(s). This makes it easy to meet other homeowners, who are likely to include a range of nationalities, helping to create a sense of community. Often you’ll find other non-golf-related clubs organised by other ex-pats that might interest you.
– Security. Golf homes tend to be in gated communities with 24-hour security and reception. This makes them ideal lock-up-and-leave properties for second homeowners who like to know their place is secure when they’re not there.
– Where in Spain? Spain is famous for its huge choice of golf courses and resorts. We pinpoint the hot spots and pick some eye-catching properties for you…